The City has released a schedule of events for Pride Month this June, Mayor Breanna Lungo-Koehn, announced. This year’s slate, organized in partnership with the City’s Pride Committee and community partners, builds on the inaugural event last year and expands the City’s offerings for the entire community.
“We have a fun, diverse schedule of events for everyone in the community to enjoy this Pride Month,” said Mayor Lungo-Koehn. “Special thank you to our Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Frances Nwajei, and the Medford Pride Planning Committee for their hard work to make this celebration of love and inclusion happen in our City.”
“Our Pride Planning Committee has helped craft an immersive and inspiring month of events that celebrate the culture and vibrancy of our LGBTQ+ community in Medford,” DEI Director Frances Nwajei said. “We’re building on the success of the inaugural Pride month celebration last year and really making Medford a model that other places can emulate.”
The following events were organized and compiled by the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, the Medford Pride Planning Committee and community partners. Both have been working throughout the spring to put on this slate of events for the community.
- June 1: 4pm – Pride Flag Raising @ City Hall Front Lawn
- June 1: 7pm – Love Wins: Interfaith Pride @ Hillside Community Church
- June 1: 7:30pm – Drag Bingo @ Ford Tavern
- June 8: 7pm – LGBTQ Book Club @ Medford Public Library
- June 8: 7pm – Discovering American Drag – Library Zoom Event
- June 14: 7pm – Malinda Lo discusses her novel, Last Night at the Telegraph Club @ Medford Public Library
- June 16: 6pm – Sweatin' Through the Decades – Pride Edition (free outdoors aerobics class by Reimagym) @ City Hall
- June 21 (7:30pm), June 22 (7:30pm), June 23 (8pm), June 24 (8pm), June 25 (2pm): Golden Girls: The Laughs Continue @ Chevalier
- June 22: 7pm – Same-Sex Marriage History by Sasha Issenberg @ Medford Public Library
- June 24: 2pm – Kinsey Scales Pride Concert @ Medford Public Library
- June 25: 4-8pm – Pride Festival @ Medford Senior Center (location updated 6/23/2023)
- June 25: 8:30pm – Medford Pride Afterparty @ The Vault
For more details and the latest updates, please visit medfordma.org/events.
Do you like this page?